Use your IRA Money to buy Real Estate!
|Over time, real estate investments have afforded many people with the powerful combination of appreciation and income. The purchase of real estate through a self-directed retirement plan is a popular investor choice for this and other reasons. IRA funds are still a virtually untapped source of funds that can be used to invest in real estate.A self-directed IRA gives you the freedom to invest in non-traditonal assests, such as single-family and multi-unit homes, apartment buildings, co-ops, condominiums, improved or unimproved land (leveraged or unleveraged), commercial property and more. For individuals who are already investing in real estate, this is an opportunity for them to invest in what they know best.
Why Real Estate? The question why not real estate in an IRA?
In a normal sale of investment real estate, there are taxes assessed (ie. capital gains, depreciation recapture, applicable state taxes). When a property is sold within an IRA, 100% of the proceeds roll back into the IRA. With real estate prices at record lows, there has never been a better time to invest in real estate. Whether you are a seasoned investor, or a first-time investor, this is your opportunity to take advantage of the market.
Additional advantages and benefits with using your IRA to invest in real estate.
Diversification of your retirement portfolio: You’ve heard the saying, “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” The same is true for your retirement basket. This is simply a way of spreading your retirement eggs over several baskets.
Reduction in Taxable Income: Any income that is generated by the property held by the IRA is not subject to tax because it is sheltered by the IRA. When investing in real estate, you make all of the decisions; when to buy, when to sell, when to lease, etc. YOU call the shots. YOU are in total control.
All Real Estate Qualifies for Self Directed IRAs
- Single Family
- Raw Land/Farm Land
*Real Estate Must be for Investment Purposes Only – Personal or Family Use of a IRA Real Estate is Strictly Prohibited
Steps to Buying Real Estate with Your IRA
Buying a property with your IRA is easier than you might think. Here is a step by step outline of the process:
After you have set up your retirement account with Entrust Freedom – Click Here for Forms
1. Find the ideal property that you want your IRA to purchase.
2. Prepare the offer to purchase under the name of Entrust Freedom, LLC FBO Your Name IRA #xxxxxx, and have Entrust Freedom sign the contract.
3. Once the contract is accepted, submit a Buy Direction Letter instructing us to purchase the property with your IRA.
4. Based on the information provided on the Buy Direction Letter, Entrust Freedom will prepare closing instructions for the title company/closing attorney.
5. Once closing documents are ready, Entrust Freedom will forward a copy to you for review and approval. Once we have your approval, we can proceed with signing the original documents and wiring the funds for closing.
6. After closing, all income and expenses will flow directly through the IRA. Any bills to be paid out of the IRA will need a Payment Authorization Form.
Get True Freedom & Control of Your Retirement Account
With a self directed IRA from The Entrust Group, you’ll get true freedom and control of your retirement account. A self-directed individual retirement account allows you to invest your IRA in real estate, notes, limited partnerships, private placements and more. You control the future of your retirement funds and we do the paperwork! Find out about the amazing tax advantages of a self-directed IRA! Entrust’s website offers information on self-directed IRAs, real estate IRAs, traditional individual retirement accounts, Roth IRAs , 401Ks, SEP IRAs, IRA rollovers, and more.
The Botelho Team Premier Sandals SWFL Realty- Realtor David Botelho and Assistant Sandra Botelho
Fort Myers, North Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, Lehigh Acres Naples, Port Charlotte, Bonita Springs, Estero, Fort Myers Beach, Captiva, Sanibel , Alva, Boca Grande, Immokalee, Punta Gorda, Saint James City, and Pine Island
Premier Sandals SWFL Realty 15880 San Carlos Blvd. Suite 240 Fort Myers, FL 33908